In choosing a location for your ceremony, it’s wise to consider the following things:
- Style, mood or theme you wish to create
- Number of guests attending (and their mobility)
- The weather (is there adequate shade, or wet weather cover?
- Is there an equally pleasant spot should the weather turn nasty?
- Accessibility (is it easy to get to? Is there adequate parking?)
- Noise factor (will the sound of traffic, motor boats, skiers or people be a concern?)
- Preparation required to make the area perfect for a ceremony
- Availability (some places require a permit from the local Council or Government authority)
- Hire fee
In selecting music for your ceremony, here are some hints in the choice and positioning of your songs.
- Choose songs that are meaningful to you both.
- Ensure that the songs that are a good fit for the action ie; walking down the aisle or signing the register, or the final song
- Select six songs for your shortlist.
- Listen to both the lyrics and the melody to make sure they are suitable for a wedding.
- Music for the bride’s arrival, needs to not be too fast as it’s a procession.
- An upbeat final song is a great way to finish your wedding ceremony.